Johannesburg. Knowledge. City
Johannesburg. Knowledge. City
Johannesburg is the largest city in South Africa, a megacity with more than 5 million citizens. It is the provincial capital and largest city of Gauteng, which is the wealthiest province in South Africa. Johannesburg is the seat of the Constitutional Court, the highest court in South Africa. Johannesburg has a well-developed higher education system of both private and public universities. Most of the major South African companies and banks have their head offices in Johannesburg.
Comprehensive service provider in Knowledge Management
Knowledge.city was launchedd in Johannesburg in 2020, building on close linkages with Knowledge Management South Africa. Building on a strong professional community and excellent relations to public, private, academic and international partners, we are ambitious to facilitate a South African Knowledge Partnership and co-create with the community a national Knowledge Agenda, while strengthening KM also on sectoral, organizational, and citizen level.
For becoming the leading knowledge service provider in the South Africa, the best knowledge management tools and practical strategies that link knowledge and development for any organization/society will be provided.
We focus on:
- Linking the National Development Plan with Knowledge Management through a South African Knowledge Agenda
- Consultancy for companies, NGOs, International Organisations and public bodies
- Education and training in the field of Knowledge Management
- Facilitating the South AfricanKnowledge Partnership
- Constantly facilitating international knowledge partnerships
Knowledge Management Trainings
Trainings on KM are available and planned for open sessions and in house trainings on various aspects of knowledge management.
This includes the following topics (among others):
- developing knowledge management strategies and implementing them
- digitalising knowledge processes, virtual knowledge work and collaboration
- developing an enterprise knowledge base, using taxonomies and knowledge graphs
- advancing knowledge products and services
- building and facilitating multi-stakeholder partnerships
Knowledge consultancy services
Knowledge Management can not be understood as “one fits all solution”. Therefore tailored knowledge strategies will be developed and knowledge management will be implemented in organizations. We currently offer 1-day online coaching as a kick-starter workshop in KM.
The network of knowledge.city facilitates dialogue and mutual learning in local knowledge partners.
Research & Innovation
Improving ongoing routines and finding better solutions to be more effective in our knowledge work is at the heart of research and innovation projects. Therefore various topics related to knowledge based development and knowledge management are worked on.
In terms of business development the transfer of technology and knowledge services to address urgent knowledge needs is facilitated. Knowledge City South Africa acts as an incubator and business development agent for the establishment of new companies and institutions.